We spent most of last week in the comuter lab and learned how to use a valuable tool in Excel spreadsheet that also offers a quick and easy way to create professional looking graphs of scientific data. It is possible to add additional data sets as needed but is beyond the scope of this course. Student chose a data set from Planet Earth and worked with a partner to create their 4 week project graph.
- Open MS Excel. (A blank spreadsheet appears)
- Go to the file tab and click once.
- When the green banner appears on the left, click the browse button.
- point excel toward where ever the file downloaded. (Usually the downloads or documents folders.)
- click the file and it will open.
- REMEMBER! You are now modifying the graph on YOUR home computer and you will have to e- mail the new graph back to your school address.
- Does your graph show both data table and graph- 50pts
- Does your graph show a title that s descriptive and shows the relationship between the dependent and independent variables- 10 pts
- Do you have axes titles- 10pts
- Do you have a trend line- 10pts
- Do you have grid lines- 10pts
- Do you have a legend- 10pts.
Essential Question: What type of information is relevant to my science fair topic and what do I need to know to make an awesome project?
The Simpsons. I have finished grading The Simpsons and any student scoring less than a 70% MUST bring me their homework sheet signed by a parent TOMORROW. All students can take The Simpsons home and correct all their mistakes for a grade increase of 10 points and turn the corrections in to me tomorrow. I highly recommend you do this.
- Calculate the % difference between Smither's test groups. I even gave you this tutorial to use. calculating percent difference. +10 pts
- Each question was worth 5.71 pts. You were not to answer in one or two word answers
- Lisa's experiment was worth 10 pts.
4 week Grades:
The following grades will be in the grade book at the end of today.
- COW turned in?
- Binder Check and organized
- The Simpsons
- Science Fair Topic approved.
- 4 week Project- Graphing in Excel.